Friday, October 14, 2011

Thursday!

Ever have one of those days where you do lots of stuff but it doesn't look like it?  I was very industrious today, sweeping floors, dusting, cleaning the bathrooms.  I even trimmed the bushes outside on this very beautiful fall day.  But the thing of it is, nothing looks any different!  I guess now that it's just Dennis and myself, the house doesn't get very cluttered or dirty.  It was much more rewarding when I could see the difference it made when I cleaned.

I also started another Rainbow Baby Blanket.


Not too bad of progress for day one.  Hopefully I'll finish it tomorrow.  I actually sold one of these for to a friend today for a baby gift.  I wish I could find an outlet to sell more of my things to help pay for my fiber habit.

I just took this picture of my baby Chloe.  You can see how disturbed she is by having her picture taken!  She is just the sweetest dog I've ever known.  She loves her coca-cola blanket.  It's one of those really soft fleece blankets and she loves to snuggle on it in front of the fire.

Tomorrow night and Saturday I'm going to a ladies retreat up in the mountains north of here.  It's about 50 miles south of the Canadian border and a beautiful place in the fall.  Of course, when you get a bunch of women together there isn't much sleeping going on.  I've heard rumors that there is going to be a chocolate buffet tomorrow night.  Oh, I'll definitely be in Heaven!!!!  So much for Weight Watchers this week.

I've been asked to speak at a "ladies day" in Montana next month.  They want me to talk about the Hats for Japan project and how it started as an idea and with the help of many, progressed to almost 1500 items to help keep people warm this winter.  I think the theme is something about how we can all do something, even if it's small, to help others.  I am NOT a speaker.  This is definitely NOT in my comfort zone.  Don't get me wrong, I love to talk. To one or two people.  Not in front of a group.  Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers as I prepare my "talk".

Have a wonderful Friday everyone and enjoy your weekend.  I plan to eat lots of chocolate!

Blessings,

Betsy

No comments:

Post a Comment