Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Rainy Day

We're having another typical fall day. It's raining, raining, raining.  But then, rain is much better than snow so I'm not going to complain. 

I went to my Weight Watcher meeting this morning.  It was my first day weighing in with jeans on and not a sundress and it showed on the scale.  I've been maintaining the same weight all summer and it's time for me to 'fess up and get serious.  So, I'm publicing telling you all that I'm a Weight Watchers member and I'm beginning anew today!  Whew!  I did it.  Now you all need to hold me accountable.  The only good thing is that I didn't gain over the past few months.  But, I'm paying for these meetings and I don't want to keep on paying with no results.  I need your help!

Now, back to Japan.  I hope you're enjoying the pictures.  Here are a few more to help you "go with me" and experience the trip with me.  These pictures were all in a town called Tono.  It's not too far inland from Kamaishi and Alex had always wanted to visit so we had lunch and went to the museum on our way home.  Lots of fokelore in the area and he loves that kind of history.  There is a mythical creature that lives in the creek that Alex is standing my.  People fish for this creature called a "Kappa" with cucumbers.  Really.  Cucumbers!





Spider web at the museum in Tono.  Isn't it a work of art?


My favorite colors!  There was a huge meadow of these flowers.
The next three pictures are of silkworms and a spinning wheel.  If you look closely in the top picure you can see the silk threads running from the bowl to the wheel.  The third picture is of the silkworms in the trees hanging from the ceiling.  I actually got to spin some silk!  For those of you that know me, I'm an beginning spinner and have my own wheel at home.  This was a wonderful experience for me.



Thanks for visiting me today.  My dear husband and I are planning a trip to the Seattle area this weekend to visit an older couple that I met a few years ago.  They had to move last summer to an assisted living center to be closer to their children.  We're going now to avoid the snow and road closures on Snoqualimie Pass that happen every year.  We're hoping to visit Leavenworth, WA a quaint Bavarian village nestled in the Cascade mountains on our way home.  If the rain stops, I'll try to get some pictures for you all.

Blessings and happy Wednesday to you all,

Betsy

No comments:

Post a Comment