Monday, June 26, 2017

On The Road Again..

On the Road Again, Just Can't Wait to Get on The Road Again....

Yes!  We're finally going to be on our way to see family the day after tomorrow.  We're driving to Omaha, Nebraska.  Dennis is going to try to get off of work an hour or so early so we can get about 5 hours drive time in on Wednesday, stopping for the night around 10:00 p.m. in Whitehall, MT if all goes as planned.  Then on to Omaha over the next two days.  We'll have to make lots of stops for me to get out and walk around to stretch my back, but it will be worth it to see all of our family and PIPER!!  Yes, Mandy and Brad drove 23 1/2 hours straight through on Friday from Maryland to Omaha, so they're already at Grandma's waiting for us.  They have already put an offer in on a house and had it accepted over the weekend, so I know they're hoping to move in very soon and begin this new phase of their lives.  I'm so excited for them and for us to see them!  It's been way too long.

Ellen is staying at our house with Chloe.  She loves her almost as much as we do so no worries on that front.  She'll take care of the house and our baby!  :-)

I have lots and lots and lots of pictures for you today.  I promised photos of the curtains we made for the trailer so here you go!  This is the dinette area with the curtains open.  I've done a bit of redecorating since I took this photo on Thursday.  The angel I showed you in my last post is now hanging below the clock and the clock has been moved higher.  My Instant Pot has a new home and I have some photos on the drawer unit.
Curtains closed.
We took a new loveseat to the trailert a few weeks ago and it's been a big hit with all of our visitors.  On the wall is a cross stitch that says "The Queen's Corner of the World".  I made it about 30 years ago!
Curtains closed.
Here is the back of the trailer with Dennis' and my Lazyboy recliners.
Curtains Closed!
The hallway.  You can see I have angels everywhere.  People know I like them and I get them as gifts.  That's the refrigerator on the right.
The bedroom with a quilt I made a few years ago from leftover fabric.  Please ignore the not very good job of pillow smoothing.  It's hard to lean back in there with my back issues. 
The kitchen area.  We didn't make curtains for this window because it has nice mini-blinds and they would just get dirty quickly.
I hope you enjoyed the little camper tour. I just realized I forgot bathroom photos.  Oops.  It does have a shower, sink and toilet and it's nice sized as well.  We love our little home away from home and the new curtains make it extra cozy at night when they are shut tight.  It also seems to keep it cooler inside when the sun is beating down.

This next picture is one I took while taking Chloe for a walk Friday morning.  I was awed by how blue the sky is next to the pine trees.  That morning the pine smell was so strong.  Days like that I remember just how much I love the Pacific Northwest and all of it's beauty.
A few more angels and a flower pot on our doorstep.  Dennis made these wonderful stairs for us and several other people at the lake.  Much, much better than trailer steps.
Our backyard.
We are fighting these brown spots this year because of the voles.  They keep digging up the grassy area.
Stairs Lori, Paul and Dennis built to the lower area behind our trailers.  We can use that too but have not developed it at all.
We have had some absolutely gorgeous weather.  The park and beach looked like the 4th of July yesterday.  It was SO busy at the beach.
I've called a time-out on my beaded shawl until we return from our trip.  I was off one stitch and had to rip back 6 rows to get back on track.  Doesn't sound bad until you realize that there were over 480 stitches in each row. And it was lace.  And beads.  Enough said.
It is pretty though and I know I'll like it when it's done.  I just don't want to be chasing beads around in the truck.  So I'll work on baby sweaters, socks and mittens on the drive.
One last photo of my lavender blooming at home this morning.  It's grown from a 6 inch plant to over 4 foot in diameter in 4 years!  I'm going to have to divide it soon.  Any tips?
I'm sure this is way too long.  If I still have anyone here, thanks for hanging in there with me!  I won't be able to post while were gone, so I'll plan to do that once we're back home.  Be prepared for Piper photos! Thank you for the tips on Word Press. I think that will be my next project.  Switching over this blog so I can post while away from home.

I hope you are all having a lovely summer, (or winter if that's where you live.)  I'm going to see my girls in a few days!  I'm SO excited.  Can you tell? 

"For the LORD is good and His love endures forever; His faithfulness continues through all generations."  Psalm 100:5

I'll be back soon!

Blessings,
Betsy





















19 comments:

  1. Love love love the curtains and the tour of the camper. Love all your angels.
    I am so glad that you will see Piper soon. What fun.
    I am conflicted anda bit sad. Zach is coming home Saturday but it sounds like he would prefer to work more in Mexico and not live in the States this fall. Im so sad about it. Nothings set. I just wish I was better about my children living away from this area. Say a little prayer for me please. I dont like feeling so sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I can tell you're excited! I am too.. for you! I hope your trip is smooth and safe and you don't have any ill effects from riding in the truck. That's a good idea to get out often and walk a bit, that helped me when we drove to Oklahoma a few years ago. Your post was not too long at all.. but you know I do posts this long all the time. LOL! I enjoyed the tour of your trailer.. as a fellow trailer-ite I find it very interesting how they can fit so much in a small space. OK.. bon voyage and I hope you can find a way to post some Piper pix while away! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited for you, drink plenty on the trip and keep getting out and walking. Take care of yourself and enjoy you wonderful family. The curtains look amazing, you have done a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi There, I'm so excited that you are getting to travel again --and even more excited to hear that your East Coast kids are moving to Omaha.. They'll be SO much closer. That is NEAT... I know how excited you are...

    Love your Lake home... There's more room in there than one might imagine...

    Love the Lavender and the Beaded Shawl... Gorgeous.

    Keep in touch...
    Have fun with family.
    Drive carefully.
    God Bless You.

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you do have a great trip. Your trailer seems like the perfect get away spot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. And I am excited for you, too, Betsy! Have a wonderful safe and healthy trip. You have a lovely lake home and town home, Chloe and friends to come home to, but I know you will treasure the time in NE with your family. You are wise to give yourself a vacation from the gorgeous shawl you are making. I admire it and your artistry! May you be blessed. xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A road trip!!! How fun is that.
    I loved seeing your trailer. My mom had a trailer just like that at the beach right on the sand. She loved fixing it up. The funny thing was that she lived just a block away but just had to have that trailer so she could be part of the group that camped right on the water every summer.
    Safe travels!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Dear, I loved seeing the inside of your little home away from home! I have been so off on everything lately, My dear friend is not doing well at all. I do hope you have a wonderful trip! Thinking of you! That shawl is beautiful!
    Hugs, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a nice tour! Have a wonderful trip! The shawl is a beauty but I can understand why it wouldn't be a good choice for vehicle knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad to shear you're on the road again dear friend, will be praying for safe trip especially with fractured spine. They aren't concerned it will be exacerbated by travel, I'm guessing, pray it's ok dear sis.
    Personally I don't like Wordpress, and I think you have to have adds on your blog unless you pay a fee not to do so. That may not be case in US but it is with my families Wordpress, plus its pain to sign into as well, this is just personal opinion for what it's worth, I would do resereach before throwing the baby out with bath water with blogger .. I think on hols have break from blogging it's hols after all...sorry we call holidays hols. :)
    Lovely camper ...maxing actually it looks really huge, my sister has 4WD caravan and the middle sister has motorhome, but guess cos yours is stationery it is much bigger. Certainly cosy looking with the curtains though.
    Thanks so much for sharing with us, dear friend you're such a blessing, oh and sorry re unpulling all those miles of stitches... sigh!!!!
    Travel safe, God be with you and bless you richly in your journeyings wiht HIm.!
    Shaz in Oz.x

    {Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

    ReplyDelete
  11. May the roads be clear and the traffic be light as you travel. Enjoy your visit.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What fun...a road trip and your own personal driver! Loved your camper tour and it is a beauty! So happy for you that you are going to see your family. I am just getting ready to start a little knitted bead project...my first time ever using beads. So sorry you have to take out so many stitches but it will be gorgeous when you're all done. Have a great time and take care!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh what a lovely place you have made it into. So cozy. I could get a lot of serious knitting/crochet done there I just know! I love the angels everywhere. I am a big time lover of angels, too. I will be praying for safe travels for you both and that your back will not bother you at all. Take lots of pictures for us...and above all else...just kick back and enjoy. Blessings to you always sweet friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Have a fun and safe trip! Please let us know how it went.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love seeing your trailer, Betsy. The curtains came out beautifully. I thought of you and your trailer several times while we were (tent) camping this past weekend. The people next to us had a very nice trailer and they had made everything seem so homey and cozy. I kept thinking, "I bet this is what Betsy's trailer is like." I hope you have a safe trip to Omaha and a wonderful visit with Mandy, Brad and Piper!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am so glad that you are well enough to make the trip! You have made your trailer so cozy. The curtains look very nice and your quilt you made is beautiful. That is a nice lot of lavender but I would not know how to divide it. Is there a reason that you have to divide it. Looks so pretty. Have a wonderful trip! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Betsy, thanks for the trailer tour . . . I love it! We sold our sailboat earlier this year and then we sold our motor-home last week. That money is being saved for a 5th wheel when Steve retires. Yours looks just like the one we are dreaming of. I like the idea of a table instead of a booth and having a bed that you can actually walk around the bed to make it. The beds in our motor-home both had three walls against them and one was over the cab . . . climbing and crawling into the bed to make it. I'm too old for that anymore, LOL.
    Have a wonderful trip, it sounds like a great family reunion.
    Be safe.
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, I am SO excited for you to see little Miss Piper and all of your dear loved ones! I do trust you will feel well and be able to enjoy every moment!! I LOVED the camper tour...my, it really looks like there is a good bit of room in there. It is amazing how much they can fit into small space...it just intrigues me! I feel like I could live in a place like that full-time and permanently. It is really all a small family needs. LOVE your new curtains, too! GREAT job!!! Sending love and hugs to you and praying for safe travels. I can't wait to hear about your adventures when you get back home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice trailer, and I hope you have a great trip! I was stumbling around the web searching for other people's stories about sewing curtains and came across yours. My wife is trying to make curtains for our trailer, but she is unfortunately not so good at it. I might give her a hand but thought I'd look around for inspiration first. Yours are great!

    Bob Ward @ Allure Window Treatment

    ReplyDelete