Friday, April 28, 2017

Spring?

Hello again!  Yes, it is spring on the calendar, but with the notable exception of last Saturday, it doesn't feel like it.  In fact, it was snowing in parts of our town this morning.  I'm really very weary of snow.  I want to wear a sundress and sandals, not my sweater or my winter coat.  Yes.  My winter coat AND mittens AND hat have been worn several times this week but...I'm going camping tomorrow anyway.  I'll just thumb my nose at that nasty snow and turn our propane furnace on!  HA!

Three more pairs of mittens done!
And being the optimist that I am, I'm hoping to be able to NOT wear a coat sometime this summer, so I made this little cell phone pocket that I can wear on my walks this summer.  None of my sundresses have pockets and Dennis won't let me go anywhere without my phone in case something happens.  You know, it's not like anything EVER happens to me!  Like a fall.  Like my heart stopping! :-)    Just thought I would throw in a bit of sarcasm for entertainment value. 
I had some Hobby Lobby I Love This Cotton and boy, do I love this cotton!  It is absolutely the softest cotton yarn I've ever worked with.  I made these two washcloths and the purse carrier above with one skein and I used the entire skein.  The washcloths are more true to the color of the yarn than the carrier.  Aren't those purple speckles gorgeous?
And I just started a baby blanket a few minutes ago with some yarn given to me by a 90 year old lady at our church.  She gives me yarn for "the babies" every once in awhile.  This color reminds me of rainbow sherbet.  What do you think?
I also won another Craft Along from Kim Napier at Napiers Knits podcast.  She sent me this book that arrived yesterday.  It's going to the lake with me and I think I'll be doing more reading than knitting this weekend.  Isn't that face cute.  It reminds me of Mandy & Brad's dog, Polly.  She is the sweetest dog and so good with Piper.
This was our one day of nice weather, and that only lasted until about 1:00, then the clouds and rain came back. It was nice while it lasted though.  Here's my Hubby enjoying a glass of tea after getting the gazebo set up and the outdoor rugs and furniture in place.  Mattie, Paul and Lori's dog has already found her favorite summer spot, on the loveseat.  I would like to make curtains for our trailer to make it even more "home like."  The ones that came with it are just little side panels but they are glued to the valances and I haven't figured out a way to get them off without ruining the valances.  Any ideas?
I drove up to the trailer yesterday to get Chloe's leash and harness that I forgot when I  came home on Monday.  She's been falling down our stairs the past few days and I'm taking her to the vet tomorrow.  I hope it's something easily fixable.  We were warned that she could get arthritis in her legs and pelvis from all of the breaks she had as a puppy but I didn't expect it to happen so quickly, almost overnight.  If it is arthritis, I imagine this cold and damp spring hasn't helped it at all.

Anyway, I snapped a couple of quick photos as I drove down the highway.  This is about five miles from home.  Sorry about the truck, he was in front of me and I wanted to get a picture of the mountains ahead.  I love the "layers" of mountains in the drive and the rain clouds just added to it.
Another view.  We do live in a beautiful part of the world. We have had double our normal YEARLY totals of rainfall for the year already and it's only April.  Two years ago we were in a drought.  The weather is really crazy this year.
Well, I'm off to bed.  It's been a long day and I have to be at the vet's at 7:00 with Chloe.  Take care and I hope to be visiting all of you on your blogs.

"This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down His life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers and sisters." 1 John 3:16

Blessings always,
Betsy






21 comments:

  1. I love the hot pink mittens! And your phone bag and washcloths too. I also would like to make some homey curtains for our trailer.. they have those goofy hard valances with the pull down shades.. I'm wondering about taking the hard valances off and putting some calico ones up. Sure would be homier. We made it home from the coast this afternoon.. I have a story to tell on my blog in the morning. :-) ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, trailer time!!!! So happy you got out there to enjoy it and yes, you DO live in a beautiful part of the world! I'll have to try that yarn as it sounds scrumptious and that's not easy for cotton yarn! LOL! The purple with speckles is so pretty. I hope your snow and cold goes away soon but no matter what the temp we're all getting lots of precipitation at this time of year...need that moisture for all those green things! LOL! Have a great day! Hugs~Sam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Speckles!!! It's perfect for dishcloths, isn't it?
    Hope your vet visit is a good one and that spring finally "takes" for you. Your trailer looks like so much fun. I miss camping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So good to see a post from you sweet friend. :) I do hope sweet Chloe is ok. She might need extra kisses and warm blanket to cuddle in later today. Loved the pictures. The lake pictures are always fun to see. We were 49 today, but going up to 79...so I guess we have Spring! Finally! Sending prayers your way sweet friend. ((hugs)). Blessings always.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's snowing here again, too. This area has broken records for moisture already and I'm sure there will be more to come. Sigh, so much for living on the high desert!

    Your finished projects are delightful - the purple speckles are pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hoping Chloe is ok. Love that speckled yarn - fun stuff! We are heading out with our camper tomorrow for a week. I can't wait. We didn't like the curtains that came with ours, so I made all new ones when we bought it. Hoping you have a beautiful (and warmer) weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We headed to the coast on Thurs and had a good shower of rain hit us. It's chilly at the coast and Phil forgot to bring a sweatshirt he wears under his coat when it's cold. So we bought one for him and then I bought one for me and one for Megan, which will be for Christmas, unless it turns or stays cold all summer. Days are a bit warmer but nights are chilly, here in OR. Dishcloth color is nice and the new blanket colors are sweet too! We complain about our weather but at least we have something to write about and really it's all in God's plan and it could always be worse.....extremely hot, tornadoes, earthquakes, zombie apocalypse! Hugs and prayers for Chloe's condition to get better and for you as well. I need to get off this computer and eat breakfast! Have a blessed day, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You certainly do live in a beautiful part of the world it is always a joy to visit and get a glimpse of that mountain range. Love the speckles in the cotton yarn, I am a great fan of knitted/crochet dishcloths. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What incredible scenery! Love all your knitting projects along your week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The purple speckles are lovely and I agree that the other yarn is sherbet-like. Yay for three more pairs of mittens! It is hard not to talk about the weather, isn't it. It is so wet here and we feel sun starved. I keep reminding myself that not that long ago we were in drought with wildfires all around. So glad you get to go to the lake again, and I am praying the vet appointment went well this morning and that Chloe will be ok. My sister Carolyn hopes to get out of the hospital on Sunday. She is still taking pain meds, but thinks she will be able to manage at home with a little help until the breaks in her pelvis fully heal. Happy weekend to you dear Betsy and Dennis. Oh, and I hope you enjoy the book you won! It looks promising. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Betsy~ I am so sorry to hear you are not doing well. I will add you to my prayer list.
    I loved hearing from you. I always love seeing your beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the phone bag. A great idea! I also love the wash cloths. A friend of my mom makes them along with dish cloths. Best things ever!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, my, the mittens are so pretty! And everything else, too! You do such amazing work and are such a dear blessing. I hope your weather clears up soon, and you are able to enjoy your time at the lake! God bless you, sweet friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the color of the mittens. Looks like the rugs and towels in my bathroom! It is chilly and rainy here today too. The phone bag is a great idea and I will look in Hobby Lobby for the I Love Cotton yarn. I have been using Peaches and Cream Cotton yarn for the dishcloths but I don't like the looks of them after they are washed so want to try what you used. Have a nice time at your trailer. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love all things CAMPING!!!!!! Cotton dishcloths rock. I wish i had the patience for mre

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fun yarn; no Hobby Lobby anywhere close to me though. Hope you are having a nice weekend. Pretty gray here.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope Chloe is doing okay. You always accomplish so much. Glad you were able to make it to the lake even if the weather isn't completely cooperating. My Colorado boy had snow yesterday, too. We've got dust and high pollution warnings today. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE the little cell phone purse! What an awesome idea! Hope more spring comes your way soon. I know friends and family are growing weary of it. Hope your dog is okay.
    Blessings,
    Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your little cell phone purse is a good idea . . . I wouldn't have a cell phone if it weren't for my husband. He worries about me too . . . what if I fall, what if I break down with the car, what if the sky is falling, LOL. All women's clothes do not have pockets (unlike the clothes that men wear) your purse will come in handy, if the weather ever warms up enough to wear that sundress.
    Have fun camping.
    Connie:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I really enjoy your blog. We have a camper and I just put up tension rods with lacy curtains underneath the valances and that works really well. As a Christian, it is such a blessing to read your blog. May the Lord bless you and your family and keep you in good health.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I really enjoy your blog. What I do for the camper windows is just put up a tension rod with lacy curtains underneath the valances and it looks really pretty. As a Christian it is a blessing to read your blog. May the Lord bless you and your family.

    ReplyDelete