Thursday, February 11, 2016

What a week!

Hello everyone! 

I'm so sorry I haven't been around to comment on your blogs this week.  I wish I could say I would go back and try to read them all, but I'm not sure I won't miss a post here and there.  I WILL try to catch up though.  I promise.

This picture below is why I haven't been online this week.  I had to take my handsome husband to the emergency room Sunday night.  He had emergency gallbladder surgery Monday and another procedure to remove "rogue" stones yesterday.  I got to bring him home late in the afternoon yesterday.    They said it was to the point his gallbladder was dying and then he would have really been in trouble.  I didn't even know it could do that.  Apparently he has been getting so sick he was vomiting for a couple of months now but he hid it from me because he didn't want to worry my with all of my heart "stuff".  Crazy, silly man.  He was SO SICK on Sunday night and his back was killing him too.  I have never seen him like that and I didn't like it one little bit.  He turned 60 last month and this was his first time in the hospital or ER since he was 2 year old.  
His boss sent him these gorgeous orchids...
And both of the following two arrangements.
The florist actually had all of the flowers in these last two photos crammed into one vase and you couldn't see the individual flowers at all, so when we got home I separated them into two vases.
Here is the oval doily I ended up making for Lori.  I think this pattern was from Pammy Sue.  Thank you to everyone who sent me patterns and links.  I gave it to Lori on Saturday and she loves it.
Today is my big sister's birthday and I made her this bookmark for her Bible.  I sure miss her and wish we lived closer to each other.  She's back in Iowa in the same little town we were born and raised in.  I sometimes wish I still lived there too, but I LOVE the Pacific Northwest and the mountains.
She sent me this for my birthday.  It's a doormat for the camper.  She knows how much I'm looking forward to lake time this year.
Mandy sent me this picture of her and Piper at the White House last week.  One of her former co-workers from Portland was in D.C. for some meetings for work.  They met up one morning and Mandy and Piper took her to see the sights.  I love this picture of my happy girls.
Well, God obviously had a reason for us not to go on that cruise.  He used my heart going wonky to keep us here.  Dennis was really sick last Thursday too, but didn't tell me.  Can you imagine being that sick on a boat?  We would have been at sea and he would have needed surgery.  That makes three out of the four of us that have had something happen.  I think Larry is a little worried. Ha! Ha!

It was so good to be home together last night.  I slept at the hospital in a chair for three nights because I didn't want to leave Dennis alone and came home every day to shower and change clothes.  We were both glad to be in our own bed and slept very well.  Mandy called, texted and face-timed constantly, as did Alex from Japan.  Jamie drove over on Monday morning from Montana and arrived while Dennis was in surgery.  He stayed until this morning and just texted me a few minutes ago to say he was safely home again.  We have wonderful, wonderful kids who showed us this week just how much they love us even if they live far away.  Our friends were here for us too, visiting, calling and praying.

It's been a rough couple of weeks health-wise around here, but I'm hoping we've now got things out of the way for 2016 and the rest of the year will be a breeze.  :-)

Have a wonderful Thursday my friends and I'll try to catch up with your blogs soon.

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God." 2 Corinthians 1:3-4

Blessings,
Betsy







22 comments:

  1. Men!!! now isn't that just typical not telling you so as not to worry you ...my hubby is just the same....don't you just love them :-) Very glad to here he is now back home with you and on the mend!!! Sending you both sunny and warm vibes from windy Spain :-)

    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my you have been in it! I pray all goes well with you for the rest of the year. May God walk next to you both and comfort you as your need arises.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Betsy, you and Dennis have been on my mind so much, I have been sending prayers your way for a speedy recovery. I can't believe he did not tell you what was going on! I am so glad it ended up getting taken care of before it was even a worse situation. You must have been so scared. I think you both need to REST, REST, REST. and REST some more. Take good care of yourself as you are tending to your husband.
    Love to you both,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness that would have been awful to be out to see and have to have surgery. They probably would have airlifted him. Glad you didn't go for sure. He looks a little miserable. I hope you both can rest up for a few days. Nice flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, I'm sorry about Dennis's illness. I hope he's feeling much better now. How scary. I'm so glad he finally got help for himself, that must have been very hard on him. I'm thinking of both of you, take care of yourselves and each other.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Betsy.. I can't believe he was keeping his troubles from you! I'm glad he finally got to the doctor before things got so bad that he was really in trouble. I'm happy that it's over and you're both home safe and sound. Take good care of him and I hope you both get some well-deserved rest. How nice of your son to drive over and see his dad! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry to hear your husband has been unwell, but glad everything has turned out okay. My husband had gall bladder issues a few years ago and was so sick. As soon as they removed his gall bladder he felt so much better. And I think having grown children who care about us is one of life's greatest gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Betsy, sorry to hear Dennis was in the hospital but glad he is out now and going to be ok. I don't understand why a husband would hide his sickness. I know he's strong but it doesn't help any when they need help. Your doily is lovely! Take care and have a restful weekend coming up. Prayers for you and Dennis! Hugs my dear friend. Thanks for your comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know a little of what your Dennis was suffering as my hubby had the same thing. SO glad you were in your hometown! Wishing him a speedy recovery...beautiful handwork!
    Blessings,
    Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my word Betsy. I'd wondered why you had not been around and had been praying all was well with you. My DH is exactly the same! Our son and d.I.l. despair re him ( they are both in medical profession so know what can happen if symptoms are left ) So glad your husband is now OK - thank goodness you were not on the cruise - God works in mysterious ways. Take care both of you. Like you our offspring are very caring and although one lives some distance away - though not as far as yours - they are there when we need them. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Praise God your husband is better. You are right about the boat trip...I bet Larry is worried! Sending prayers your way sweet friend. Blessings always.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so glad you are both alive and getting well, Betsy! You and your family make the world more beautiful, and I love thinking of you every day. The gifts you made are amazing, and you sister's gift to you made me chuckle because I know how much you look forward to your lake time, too, and will enjoy stepping on that happy welcome mat ever time you get into the camper. May you rest and be well in Jesus' name...the parting verse is so encouraging when we go through life challenges! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh my, health wise things have been rough for you both. I hope the worst is over with now.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my he must be a real stoic as gallbladder pain is awful! So glad he is alright now and on the mend. I bet he is glad to be home too. Poor guy. At our age you cannot let things go!
    I'm so glad you got a pattern for your pineapple doily. Great picture of Piper and her Mom in front of the White House. So glad all is well and yes, you have wonderful kids but that's because they have wonderful parents. Blessings to you and your family and happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my gosh! What a scare! I am so sorry to hear about Dennis getting so sick, but as you said, there was a reason for you to be home, and not a cruise. I am glad he is doing much better now!
    The bookmark for your sis is beautiful. She will treasure it. And that doormat...oh my! I must get one!!!
    Loved seeing little Piper and her Mommy.
    Before you know it, it will be time to be on the lake! In the high 80's and low 90's here all week. I would prefer cold in February, but it has been awfully pretty.
    Miss you.
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sorry to hear Dennis has been sick. Glad he's on the mend! Wow, you made that doily fast. It's so pretty. I know your friend loves it. Ya'll take care. That's enough sickness out of you two. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I was thinking the same thing and this is perfect proof that everything happens for a reason. How awful it would have been to be out on the cruise ship with Dennis so poorly. A friend's husband had the same thing last year but wound up having even more that needed to be taken care of while they did the gall bladder surgery. Glad you are home and praying that now you will both be on the mend and healthier than ever. Hug and blessings, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sorry to hear about your husband's illness. I had gallbladder issues too, but being the wimp I am, I couldn't have hid it from anyone. Men are overly brave sometimes, I think. I am glad they got it out before it led to more serious illness. Happy Valentine's Day! I am newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sending you both get well wishes! Take good care.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your husband looks younger than that! So happy God saw to keep you at home and He knew you'd need to be there! Gallbladder pain is no picnic!! The White House gals are adorable.
    Hugs to you. Continue to rest up from a busy hospital week. Hope your nurses were wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh wow my dear friend ... I'm also so glad you stayed home instead of going in the cruise . God does work in mister ions way doesn't He ? I'm so glad you are both home now and hope you are feeling better also. Tell Denis I'm sending my well wishes to him and really hope you have a calm, blessed Valentines week. All my love to you my dear friend 😘

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Betsy, what fun and games! Health is never to be trifled with, and guess Dennis is glad of Gofs great mercy in all this as are you dear Betsy.

    A verse or two in Psalms fits the case in hand " my times are in Thy hands." And "Gods mercies are from everlasting to everlasting to His children..."
    Praise Him!!!!!
    Love the mat for the lake, very snazzy, and also the oval doiley is just perfect.
    Hugs dear sister, so glad for you, Shaz in Oz.x
    .

    ReplyDelete