Wednesday, April 9, 2014

This and That and a Baby Sweater

Hello my friends and welcome!  Here I am.  Home again.  Responsiblities called me and so here I am.  There was laundry to be done.  Groceries to buy.  Today was my day to take dinner to friends from church who are struggling with a cancer diagnoses, surgery and now recovery.  The husband has always loved my homemade chicken and noodles so, for the second time in a week I made a big batch of them.  

Tomorrow I have errands to run and packing to do and we have Bible study here tomorrow night.  Busy, busy, busy.  Chloe and I came home from the lake this morning.  I practically had to pry her into the car.  Her eyes were so sad.  She loves the lake as much as I do.  Yesterday I was out walking around the big garden plot with her and the three resort maintenance guys and the manager came down the road in their golf carts just to see Chloe after the long winter.  They all love Chloe and bring her treats and lots of petting.  They all tell us all the time what a great dog she is.

The park doesn't officially open until May 1.  Our area is the only one with running water year round, the other wells are shut off in the winter so it has only been us and two other couples there so far this year.  Chloe and I stayed Sunday and Monday night by ourselves as Hubby had meetings late and it didn't make sense to drive out just to go to bed and then get up for work but he joined us last night and we had a very peaceful evening and night.

The paddle boats are waiting for the docks to be put out and people to take them out for a ride in the lake.
The picnic tables are still stacked up and waiting for warm days and families at the beach.
The lake.  My peaceful place.
Mossy covered trees.  We still don't have any flowers blooming around Spokane because the evenings are still too cool-barely above freezing.
A pine growing out of a rock at waters edge.
Lots of granite rocks around the park...hence the name, Granite Point Resort.
I finished a baby sweater, hat and sock set for charity.
I didn't knit or crochet as much this week as usual.  I did, however, read three books!  I'm enjoying reading very much right now.  I seem to go through stages where I read a lot and don't craft as much.  I'm trying to tell myself that it's okay.  Sometimes I feel guilty when I'm not doing as much as I think I should be, but then I remind myself that it's only me that puts these requirements onto myself.  Does that even make sense?

This Friday Hubby and I are going to meet our son Jamie and our two grandbabies, Kyleigh and Caleb in Missoula, MT for the weekend.  The hotel we're going to has a couple of pools and hot tub and we're really looking forward to spending the time with the kids.  Jamies birthday was Monday and Kyleigh's is the 19th so it's a birthday celebration of sorts too.

I'm hoping to head back to the lake on Monday if the weather cooperates.  Would you believe I got a bit of a sunburn yesterday while taking walks with Chloe?

Have a lovely rest of the week my friends.  I appreciate each one of you.  I am so happy that you take the time out of your busy lives to read this blog.

Blessings,

Betsy

12 comments:

  1. What a fun place to be. Lake looks lovely. I'd go there if it wasn't so far and visit you! We are having warmer days finally, evenings still cool side but flowers are blooming all over. Am headed out the tulip farm on Friday to get some good photos, hopefully get the mountain too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun is that my dear friend .... I cannot imagine how beautiful it is in the summer , but now it's a didferent kind of beautiful... Hope you have a great weekend !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy for you to have your "static caravan" (that's what they call it in England when you have your trailer parked in one spot like at your lake) on such a wonderful lake. If I had a spot there I'd sail my little Sunfish out on there. I'm glad to hear you get to spend time and celebrate birthdays with your son and 2 grandkids. I hope you visit here again soon so we can have another lunch! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your baby set is beautiful. The colors are lovely I am sure some baby will feel warm and comfy in the set. I enjoy seeing photos of your peaceful place. I wish you heaps of fun visiting with your son and grand daughters in Montana. Safe travels . Hugs Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Betsy, how I love your lake posts! I am such a lake lover too. I bet Chloe loves it there!!!
    The sweater set is darling. I used to be such an avid reader,that I feel guilty these days for choosing hook over book!!! But in the summer I usually do read a few novels. Happy celebrating with the kids, and then back to your happy place on Monday!!!
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos of the lake Betsy--I especially love the small pine tree one! Your baby set is beautiful--love it:) Have a great time in Montana and safe travels!
    Blessings, Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely sweater set there Betsy and what a great spot indeed had peek on net about it.. wonderful!!

    .. now I wonder Chloe loves?/ mm, it she gets so spoilt! Shaz in oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your sweater set is so cute. You did a great job with it. Have fun with the grandbabies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello on a gorgeous, spring day in TENNESSEE. Wow---after the long and bitter winter we had this year, Spring is even more inviting and lovely.

    You all seem as busy as we are!!!! I'd love to have a place on the lake... I'd want to stay there all year long...ha.... BUT--home calls us, doesn't it--so it is nice to be home. Have a safe and wonderful trip to Montana.

    We are now home 'again' --after our 5th trip since the end of February.... Seems as if we visited five different states --although the trips weren't planned for that reason... ha... BUT--as I always say, it's great to be home... I did publish a blog post today--so check it out when you have time. Have a wonderful weekend.

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  10. The lake is so pretty....I think it would be very hard for me to leave it as well. :)

    Blessings always sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful photo of the lake! Greetings from England! <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad to know you are enjoying days at the lake again, Betsy! The sweater set is both beautiful and bound to be precious for the owner. I'm glad you have been able to enjoy reading for fun, too. xx

    ReplyDelete