Thursday, January 24, 2013

Still Snowing Where You Are?

The answer to that question for me is a resounding YES! It's supposed to warm up somewhat over the weekend but meanwhile I've kept busy inside. After my post to you on Monday I got busy, busy, busy and accomplished everything on my list. Unfortunately I paid for it with painful back spasms that lasted most of the night. I've only had back problems two times in my life. Last Monday and this past Monday. It must be something about Monday's. Anyway, I went to see an acupuncturist Tuesday morning. I visited her last year for my foot problems. After 3 doctors and threats of surgery from all three, a few visits with Stephanie and all, I mean ALL of my foot pain was gone. She also got rid of my hot flashes too! A nice side effect. So after my weeks in Portland, the damp and cold there seemed to revive a few foot aches, so I made a "touch up" appointment with her. My feet are all better and she also did something so my back stopped spasming! A little bit of a dull ache once in awhile but nothing like it was before. She thinks I twisted something when I was shoveling snow last week and it may take more than acupunture to help it. I NEVER thought I would be one to have acupuncture, but I am a believer now. And it's so relaxing, that me, the person who never sleeps during the day even when sick, falls asleep every time!

So with no further ado, let me show you pictures of my week. First off, a lovely charity crafting friend Barbara, sent me a box of baby hats and grown up hats for the hospital and for Blessings Under the Bridge. Thank you SO MUCH Barbara for your generous heart and talented hands.

Baby Hats:

Big person hats:

These are the hooks that I made on Monday. They may not look very professionally done, but they fit my hand perfectly, which is what I wanted them to do. After I formed the clay, I squeezed just a little to form the ridges that fit my fingers.

The dots look bumpy, but really they are quite smooth.

Oh look at that wrinkley hand holding the hook! I'm surely getting old.

These are some cotton coasters that I made on Tuesday. It is part of a Dishcloth KAL/CAL group that I'm in on Ravelry. I made 12 of them out of one ball of cotton. They only took about 10 minutes each to make. I gave four of them to my acupuncturist who loves all things handmade, especially dishcloths. :-)

They work very well, and I had eight left for my living room!

My second January themed dishcloth for the same group. Now I have both done for my two sets of 12 months of dishcloths. Two Christmas gifts for next year already begun. My! Don't I feel good?!

I made two more hearts for friends at church! Warning! They are seriously addictive. You can't stop with just one.

My thrift store console in the living room where family pictures are on display. See the grandbabies on the left? (Including Polly and Chloe). I LOVE my kids and wish they were closer. I've read in decorating magazines that you aren't supposed to put family pictures on display in the living room. Why? I want to see my family all around me in EVERY room in my house. I have pictures of them in almost all the rooms, (none in the bathrooms yet!) :-)

A little further away view. This shows the coffee table with my birds and the candlestick from my "secret sister".

And a close up of the candlestick. It's very ornate isn't it?

And finally, Polly and Chloe. One of my favorite pictures of them. Notice the same exact pose? I have a feeling I may have already posted this picture. If I did, I apologize, but it always makes me smile. They are such good buddies. Polly is having surgery today on her bladder. Please keep her in your thoughts. She's a great dog and it would devastate my dear daughter and her family if anything happened to her.

And now, I'm off to Michaels and Hobby Lobby to try to find some nice fingering weight yarn for a scarf for me. I started one three different times yesterday with different yarns, but they all had too much wool in them and were scratchy on my neck.

Then, I started a ripple afghan in crochet twice before I gave up. I don't like the colors I'm working with but may give it another try. Nothing was accomplished yesterday craft wise, it was all ripped out and wound back into balls of yarn.

So, I'm off to slipslide my way to go yarn shopping. Luckily the stores are right next door to each other and only about a mile straight down the road from my house. Waaaay to close for the yarn budget!

Have a lovely day my friends. Remember that if you give something away, you'll be surprised at the many blessings you'll recieve back!

Blessings to all of you,

Betsy

16 comments:

  1. What a productive lady you are! I love all your things and your home. I'm off to volunteer at the falls today, we have a surprise sunny day! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Lots going on at your place. How wonderful to receive all those hats. The hooks look great and I love the little dishcloths. Always nice to work on something quick and easy. I sure hope Polly will be okay. Best wishes, Tammy P.S. I have family pictures in the bathrooms :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Teresa! Have fun at the falls and enjoy the rare bit of sunshine!

    And Hi to you Tammy! Thanks for your kind comments. I'm glad to get to know you better. Hmmm. Bathroom pictures...so that wouldn't be too odd, if you have them there too. I may have to do some picture moving!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. The coasters are really sweet. Never thought of making crochet hooks, what a good idea.

    I had acupuncture years ago to cure headaches. It took a lot of treatments but it finally worked. It's surprising, isn't it, that the needles don't really hurt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it really does surprise me at how painless it is. Tuesday I almost 30 needles sticking in me and I didn't feel any of them, just incredibly relaxed.
      Blessings,
      Betsy

      Delete
  5. Betsy, you are getting a lot done, especially for having your back out of whack! I swear by my acupuncturist, she has helped me and both my boys so much. I love her! Glad you are feeling some relief.
    Hugs (but gentle ones) to you,
    eEredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you had good luck with your acupuncturist too. Never thought I's be going to one, but she has made a definite believer out of me.
      Blessings,
      Betsy

      Delete
  6. Wow, your family is so pretty. I love to have pictures displayed also. It makes me feel my family is closer. Glad you are trying to stay busy and warm. Bugs to you my dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Taci! I'm glad you stopped in for a visit! Thank you for the nice comment.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Betsey thanks for visiting my blog today. There is lots of creativity over here, great work. I hope your daughter's dog gets on OK, our pets are like children aren't they. Have a lovely weekend and enjoy Michaels, my daughter bought me back some things from there as she honeymooned in the USA, she said if I went I would probably never come out. ;0) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jane. Thanks for visiting me also. If you ever come to the states you can stay with me. You would love Hobby Lobby and Michaels both! We could have a wonderful time. :-)
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, Betsy!
    You are one talented lady--beautiful, beautiful work!
    Ah--my three kids (and five grandkids) all live out of state so I know how you feel.
    I've had acupuncture several times too. Worked wonders on the headaches I was having...
    BLessings,
    Aimee
    PS: Remember who wants YOUR snow when you grow tired of it:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for your comment today.

    Our snow is finally thawing which is a bit sad but also rather a relief too.

    Hope you continue to make a great recovery.

    Helenxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi and thanks for popping by, you have had a busy week, hope the back and foot are feeling less sore, never tried acupuncture, sounds like it works though.
    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Miss Betsy! I'm your newest Follower. I've noticed your comments lately so thought I'm come on over and check you out. I love the heart hangers you made...very pretty!

    Prayers for Polly! Your dogs are both precious. That's so funny that they are lying exactly the same way. So sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is so much fun to visit with you, Betsy! I enjoy learning about your busy routine, and am encouraged to follow you good example :)
    I'm so glad the acupuncturist visits are bringing you healing!
    Seeing your surroundings makes you feel closer, and the harmonious picture of the dogs is worth a second look and prompts me to smile, too :)
    xx,
    Gracie

    ReplyDelete