Monday, January 28, 2013

Influenza!

Sorry friends. No pictures today. I've been down with the flu since Thursday evening. Hubby succumbed to it yesterday. The doctor prescribed Tamiflu for me on Friday and Dennis got a prescription yesterday.

You know he's sick when he stayed home from work today. I cannot remember the last sick day he took. You know I'm sick when I can't knit or crochet. My fingers hurt too much to hold the hook or needles. :-(

We both had our flu shots but apparently we are "lucky" to have gotten one of the strains that aren't covered by the shot.

Hopefully I'll be back to visit with you all again soon. Hopefully I'll be we'll when I do it!! Stay healthy everyone.

Blessings,
Betsy

11 comments:

  1. Oh sorry to hear you and DH have flu. Do hope you will soon be better. There seems to be alot of it about. Take good care of each other. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Betsy~
    Wishing you both a quick recovery...BTW your hubby sounds a lot like mine:)
    I heard on TV that the flu shot is only 62% or so effective against the flu strain it is made for...but that with it the flu's effect should be less then if you had not gotten a shot.
    Rest well and stay warm.
    Blessings,
    Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no, best wishes for a quick recovery. Tamiflu is a godsend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Betsy, so sorry you are ill. Sending you positive, get well wishes.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, so sorry you and hubby got the flu.. ugh.. that illness scares me to death. Please get well soon and I hope you get well enough to knit and crochet again soon. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Betsy, sorry you and your hubby are so poorly. Sending love and healing wishes to you both.
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh! poor you two..hope you both feel better soon.
    Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry. Feel better soon!!!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  9. Praying you and Dennis are able to rest and be renewed as you rapidly heal!
    We are getting a bit more rain here, and snow on Mr. Hood, BUT, the forecast is for some dry days ahead, so take heart. The sun should be coming your way...I hope :)
    xx,
    Gracie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Betsy, so sorry to hear you are both down with the flu. Hope you both get well soon. Sending hugs and prayers your way.
    xoRobin❤

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hoping and praying you will feel better soon dear Betsy.

    ReplyDelete