Thursday, January 10, 2013

Home Sweet Home



I'm HOME!!! Yippee! Yahoo! Oh it was so good to sleep in my own bed last night with hubby by my side. I've missed that very much. But...I do miss my little Piper a whole bunch. We had heavy rain when we left Portland yesterday for the first three hours of the drive. It changed to drizzle for awhile and then we actually had dry pavement for about half an hour. Then it was into the heavy snow coming down. I felt so blessed and thankful for good neighbors when we got home and found our driveway and sidewalks all snowblowed for us. I was thinking about trudging through snow to unpack the car and it was wonderful to find it all done. It's been flurrying all day today but no accumulation. I took Craig and Addie, (the lovely neighbors), two knitted dishcloths and Addie was overjoyed. She loves when I give her handmade things, especially dishcloths. She said Craig did the snow removal but she's happy to take the dishcloths! :-)

Following are few pictures that were on the camera when I got home. Miss Piper LOVES to be read to. She follows the pictures in the books and has definite favorites already. Mandy reads to her every single night and has since her first day home. Our family are all a bunch of bookworms. You should have heard our movers when we moved from Nebraska!


Here is the picture of Gracie, Teresa and Taci when we had lunch together two weeks ago while I was in Portland. All are bloggers that live in the Portland area and it's fun to get together when I visit. The three of them lunch together quite often and I'm jealous!


The last picture is of Polly and Chloe. Notice the same exact pose!!! They are always in the same position as the other. If one is curled up in a ball, the other is too. Chloe is really missing Polly today and Mandy say's Polly is acting lonely too. So sad.


I've spent the morning catching up on desk work and cleaning some. A busy day but it's really good to be home and around all that's familiar.

Sorry this is short. Lots to do when you've been gone a long time! Have a wonderful day.

Blessings,

Betsy

9 comments:

  1. Hi Betsy! A great post and it was fun to see all of us again at lunch Do let us know when you'll be back in town and we'll set up another lunch.. and maybe more yarn shopping! :-) Taci wants to take us to 2 trendy downtown Portland yarn shops! Want to join us?
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes I'd love to go to the yarn shops. Mandy used to work downtown and she took me to one several years ago. It would be wonderful to go again. I've wanted to return but had no idea how to get to them.

    My post has already needed to be amended since this afternoon. I said no accumulation of snow then-we have since recieved about 5 inches of snow and it's still coming down. The news just said to expect less than an inch of total snow. Hubby and I just looked at each other in disbelief! I wonder where they are measuring? They need to come to our block!

    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Betsy, how wonderful you made it back home safe and sound. I love seeing the picture of the 4 of us ... That sure was a fun lunch and lovely to meet you. Can't wait till you come back. We will wait for you to do our expedition to the yarn shops:)
    Piper is so cute, so attentive to the book. I did the same when I had both my kids and they loved it... Every night till they were teens. When they were a little older they would read for me... So much fun memories :)
    I ope you fet just the right amount of snow and enjoy spending some time back at your home.
    We already miss you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is so wonderful that your daughter reads to little Piper every day! That is so important and really makes a difference in a child's life and learning! Sounds like you had a wonderful time in Portland. We have lots of books too and whenever we have moved we also got complaints from the movers. We also used to live in Nebraska...Omaha area, actually Bellevue by Offutt AFB where my husband worked. Hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome Home, Betsy! We had some snow showers yesterday...pretty, but just a dusting. Loved all your photos and am really impressed with how alert Piper is and how well matched Polly and Chloe are. l am making some progress on the cowl I am crocheting and am really enjoying the bight colored yarn. xx from Gracie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Debbie-Both hubby and I were born and raised in Omaha! I must say, I much prefer the Northwest over the Midwest! We moved here 19 years ago but go back every year to visit. I'm glad to meet you on my blog. I hope you pop back by often. :-)

    Blessings,

    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Amanda ah such lovely pickies down below and so good to see you have had great time at the coast and good neighbours are blessing form God aren't they? love Shaz in Oz.x
    Oh, thanks for popping over :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. As Dorothy said, there really is "no place like home". I think it every time we go away, you cannot beat it.
    Lovely photos especially the one of beautiful Piper enjoying her story. Sad to read in today's paper that many children are't being read to because "their parents can't read". Books have been such a big part of my life and as I sit here I can see books that I have had over 60 years. I cannot imagine what my life would have been without them.
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete