Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Good Morning Wednesday!

Good Morning friends! I can't believe I slept until 7:30 a.m. this morning.  That's very unusual of me and I now feel like I have lost part of my day that I can't get back.  I'm feeling a little better every day, but still very tired and sluggish.  So...I've spent my days crocheting.  I joined my first ever CAL, (crochet along) with the Lucy group on Ravelry.  That's ALL I have worked on for two days and this is all I have to show for it.

It is very slow going because I'm ending each round a different color and finishing it as I go so I won't have thousands of ends to weave in when I'm finish.  It's supposed to be baby blanket size when finished, although I had intended to make it larger to use as a throw on the sofa.  However, after some pushing, hubby finally confessed that the colors aren't his preference.  Too bright.  Too Lucyish. The picture doesn't actually show how bright it is.  So, now I've lost my drive to finish it although I will push on.  It's not in my nature to leave a project unfinished.  However, it is destined to remain a baby blanket and will probably go to one of my charity groups.  I'm estimating at least 20 hours in this blanket already and at least that much more to go.  And I was very excited at the start.  However, as I worked on it, could see it's brightness, I didn't think it would fit in our home.

This is a tablecloth I made several years ago.  I've actually crocheted an identical one for my daughter-in-law.  We don't eat on it, but I leave it on the table.  With only Dennis and I, it gets folded back and we eat off of placements!  Then after dinner it get's put back in place and looks nice again!  Nothing has ever been spilled on it and I hope it stays that way.

 Layed out it all it's glory for you to see!  I measured it for you this morning.  Six feet across!  I can't believe it's so big!
 Some of the detail closer up.  The last ring of pineapples, (edging), was finished at the beach a few years ago.  We stopped at our daughters in Portland, OR on our way to the coast and I layed the last ring down on the floor to see how long it was.  It stretched from one end of her apartment to the other.  At least 30 feet!  I was astounded!
Hubby figured out that it took approximately 2000 hours to complete!  I don't think these will be sold on ebay!

A few last pictures I took today. The fist two are the full winter moon I took out of our bedroom window at 4:30 this morning!  (I got up to use the bathroom and couldn't resist).  Bear in mind, they were taken through the glass because it was 12 F outside and I was in my nighty! :-)
 I thought it was eerily beautiful.
 This is Mt. Spokane from my back deck a few minutes ago.  No snow here but the resorts are happy.  It's okay with me if it stays that way.  We've only had 9 inches of snow so far this season.  Very, very unusual but good for the City's snow removal budget!
And now, dear friends, I'm going to go crochet on that lovely little blanket some more.  My energy bursts come and go and I've been told to try to enjoy this quiet time in my life.  I'm trying but I'm not a patient person.

I'll be seeing you all soon!

Blessings,

Betsy

3 comments:

  1. Hi Betsy, that tablecloth is really beautiful, an amazing amount of skill, patience and time needed to produce something so lovely. I'm not surprised it hasn't been damaged, I imagine it gets treated with the love it deserves.
    I saw the CAL Statement blanket and thought about joining in, then remembered I have a blanket WIP so restarted that yesterday. I love your colour choices, very Cath Kidston.
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Carol. Your tablecloth is amazing, and is a unique piece of art. A wonderful display of your skill. I'm amazed by it! Wow!
    Still no snow here. The kids are getting antsy. Hopefully they'll be up and running again after a few down days with coughs, running noses and sore throats. It's been good to just sit and cuddle by the fire.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies. It is surprising the things people do set on the tablecloth. Dennis is much more protective of it than I am and whisks potential problems off it as soon as they appear! I need to get back to that kind of crocheting. I really miss it but keep really busy with all my charity crafting.

    I hope your kids are feeling better real soon even though I'm sure you've enjoyed the cuddle time.

    Blessings,

    Betsy

    ReplyDelete