Thursday, November 15, 2018

Thursday!

It’s a dreary, overcast, foggy day outside today. We have only had one day of sunshine in the last week, but I’m not letting it get me down. I spent the morning running errands. I confess to you all, I went to Michael’s again and bought more yarn this morning. I couldn’t resist their buy two, get one free sale. I bought 6 skeins of Lion brand Homespun for more hats for Teresa. Then it was on to Walgreens to pick up a prescription for Dennis and Walmart for a few cleaning products. Now I’m home and just finished sweeping all of the floors. Let me tell you, that is a never ending job with two cats and a dog.

I just printed out the pattern for the next block in the “12 blocks of Christmas” KAL that was released this morning. I’m thinking of knitting it in a lime green yarn.  The designer says this one takes a lot of concentration and I’m sure that because we have Bible study tonight, the square won’t be completed today.

I did start and finish a “granny’s favorite”dish cloth last night and put a cuff on the first of Brad’s Christmas socks and started the 2nd cuff.

The dishcloth all folded nice and neat.

The socks as they look now.

Guess who lost her two front teeth?  One came out last week and one today.  Both came out at school where she was given a pretty box each time to keep it in.

Thank you for all of the sweet and wonderful comments on my post yesterday about my “ordinary life.”  It seems that most of you want to see how other people live our daily lives. And to be honest, I do love my ordinary life. I’m not into a lot of drama. I hope you are all having a wonderful, wonderful Thursday and for those of you in the path of the snow and ice storm, stay safe and warm. 

“Now, our God, we give you thanks, and praise your glorious name. 1 Chronicles 29:13

Many blessings, Betsy


13 comments:

  1. Ahhhh....the toothless grin. I swear that when I was a first grade teacher we didn't have a day go by that someone wasn't spitting a tooth in my hand!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that darling child! When I was in first grade I had both front teeth missing and was asked to sing "All I Want for Christmas is My Two Front Teeth" at the Christmas program on the last day of school before vacation. What I'll never forget is neither of my parents came to the program and I stood outside waiting for someone to come and get me but they'd forgotten and some other kind people took pity on me and took me home. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Little Miss Piper looks pretty proud of that gap! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet toothless smile! Made me smile too! :) More yarn...I think I might be a yarn hoarder too:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're making great progress on the socks. Love the photo of Piper!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw now all Piper wants for Christmas is her two front teeth!? What a sweet little girl she is! Nice sox you are making...knitting yourself into a corner again today? HA! I am feeling better from my cold and now my allergies are bothering me...smoke from the CA fires and then a few fires in the area. Good thing for my inhalers and meds and oils. I've been using my thieves mix eo roller ball night and day now. I use Thieves cleaning products now. Thieves household cleaner last for a long time! Check it out! Hugs my friend and yep, I need to sweep my floors tonight for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the sound of lime green in the mix, looking forward to seeing it. The socks are coming on well, such a wonderful gift. Our floors too are a constant battle. Miss Piper is growing so fast.

    ReplyDelete
  8. such a sweet picture of Piper ! And I also love your postings of ordinary days...keep them coming !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Miss P is so adorable, she truly is growing up so fast. I had to let out a big ole' Yay, when you said you could not work on the KAL....not that it's gonna make a big difference since I am still on Block 2, but one does live in hope. :) Wishing you a most lovely day today sweet friend. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  10. Piper looks so cute in that picture (but, then, she always looks cute!!). The socks are coming along nicely Betsy.

    Are the patterns for the squares only kept up for a week or so? I tried to get one and the link didn't work.....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw, Piper is so adorable! God bless you, sweet friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Piper looks so cute with two teeth missing. You sure do accomplish a lot. Wish I was well enough to check out some of these sales but with acute bronchitis and CFS I am not accomplishing much. Hoping for better days ahead. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  13. The air quality has been challenged here, too, because of the fires in CA. One of my friends in my Wed. stitching group has tried and tried to reach her 85 year old cousin who lived in Paradise. The mobile home park she lived in was completely destroyed and her cousin's name is on the missing persons' list. Praying. 2Cor.1:3-5

    ReplyDelete