Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Holiday madness

I just got home from Walmart. Boy, oh boy! Was that ever a mistake. I had to get kitty litter. That place was sheer insanity. I can’t believe how many people wait until the day before a holiday to buy the food they need. Oh well. I’m home now and not going back out for the rest of the day. It’s a damp, damp cold out there today. Snow is around us, but we are only supposed to get rain here in the valley. 

This is where I spent the morning.

The neurologists office. Although that is a pretty cool replica of the spine hanging there isn’t it? Basically I got no answers. The nerve conduction study on my arm and leg said everything is fine there, which I was already pretty sure of, and he has no clue what’s happening with my back. He is going to order yet another test, but says our insurance company has consistently declined it for other patients. He’s not holding out a lot of hope. So I guess we have to wait and see what they say and take it from there. He says this might be it.  There may be nothing they can do for me. They may try Botox injections.  Meanwhile I’m in another “holding pattern.”  

He was very impressed on what I have done to try to get better. Two separate six-month stints in physical therapy. Two different chiropractors. Acupuncture. Massage. Not to mention a Spine and Pain clinic who just wanted to pump me full of narcotics. He actually told me he doesn’t think he’s ever had a patient who tried so many other things before coming to him.

Enough of that.  I just thought I would update all of you because you have all been so supportive and caring of me.

A few people asked me what kind of tree that was with all the berries. I honestly don’t know. I know someone has told me the name of it in the past but I don’t remember. I’m so sorry.

I finally finished the socks and washed them. They’re a little bit bigger than my sock blockers, but you get the idea. The lighting is horrible here today so there are lots of shadows, but I think they turned out well and that Brad will like them.
The color changes were going almost perfectly until about 3/4 of the way down the foot and then all of a sudden, the stripes didn’t match. That part will be in his shoes so I guess it won’t matter too much.

Are you already for Thanksgiving? I hope those of you that are traveling have a very safe journeys and you enjoy your time with your families. 

“ I will give thanks to you, Lord, with all of my heart; I will tell of all your wonderful deeds.”  Psalm 9:1

Blessings always, Betsy

13 comments:

  1. Oh I'm glad we weren't at our Wal-Mart! I know it would be a madhouse. I pray you can find answers to your back problems. You have a blessed Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our Walmart just went down to only FOUR registers. They put in a huge self checkout that no one wants to use. It's been a nightmare.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I posted a photo of similar berries: Cindy (Delighted Hands) and Connie (FarSide of Fifty) told me it was a Hawthorn tree. Sorry you didn't get any answers from the doctor. Don't give up seeking relief.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope that doc will figure out a way to give you some relief! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Walmart was bad here last Friday ---so it will probably be that way until January!!!!! We usually go shopping on Fridays ---but we will NOT go anywhere this Friday... I don't want to get anywhere near the Black Friday hype!!!!!! ha

    Sorry about your back problems... My back has been bothering A LOT just this week --but I think I just 'over-did' while working in the yard (blowing and raking leaves)..... Not Fun!!!

    Love the socks. They look so warm.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you get some relief soon. Your socks turned out great! :) Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This afternoon I read out loud Psalm 118:1-18 which prompted me to "Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good! His faithful love endures forever...." right in line with your parting verse! I admire Brad's socks and with differing stripes they are especially in fashion :-) Blessings and Happy Thanksgiving! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I pray your back gets better. Botox isn't too good for people. Sorry all that you've been thru with your back these past few years. Pain is NO fun! I am going to make biscuits this eve. Lots of food tomorrow with family here. Nice sox too..uneven stripes work too! Happy and blessed thanksgiving to you and Dennis!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so sorry you are still hurting.

    I see that someone tentatively indentified the tree. You can get an app for your smart phone called "Picture This". You take a photo of part of the tree (leaves, berries, etc...) and the app tells you what it is. It isn't ALWAYS perfect, but I've had pretty good luck with it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was hoping this doctor would find the magic answer to fix things. Sorry that was such a disappointment. Maybe you could just not work so hard and rest more? The socks turned out awesome and the stripes match where it's important.

    *:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*:._.:*~*:._.:*:._.:*
    *H*A*P*P*Y* *T*H*A*N*K*S*G*I*V*I*N*G*!*!*
    *:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*:._.:*~*:._.:*:._.:*

    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You continue to be in our prayers. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, we have a lot to be thankful for.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so sorry to hear that they don't know if they can do anything else to help your pain. May the Great Physician lay His healing hands upon you and give you relief. I trust you had a wonderful Thanksgiving Day!

    ReplyDelete