Monday, November 30, 2015

Weekend odds and ends...

Hello my friends!
It was a cold, cold, cold weekend here in Spokane. The temperature never got above freezing and it was usually right around 15°! So I decided I really needed to get going on the mittens. And last night I finished the 25th pair while watching a marathon of Hallmark channel Christmas movies. This morning I delivered them to the school and they had me take them right outside to the playground and put them on some of the children's little hands. Boy! That sure made me feel good. And they gave me a count on the other first grade classes. I have about 70 more pair to make when I get home from Mandy's.  This is what I took to the school this morning.
We got another small dusting of snow yesterday.
The nativity that I made for our first Christmas together was put out on Saturday. It's amazing to me, 37 years and so far nothing has gotten broken yet!
Not many decorations were put out this year since we won't be home for a lot of the season and, quite honestly, without the kids here I just don't have the heart for it. But a few of my favorites were put out for display.
Teresa, (over on my side bar), made this for me. Isn't that sweet? It sits out year round.
And this little girl is the reason that I'm flying for hours and hours and hours tomorrow. I get to hug her and kiss her good night tomorrow night. And sing songs. Lots and lots of songs.  I have to be up by 3:30 in the morning to go to the airport. I have a 1 hour flight to Seattle and then a nonstop flight from Seattle to Baltimore. 6 more hours!  She's well worth it though isn't she? Too bad grandpa has to stay here and work.  He'll fly out next week and join me for the second week of our trip. And Ellen will be staying at our house with Chloe so she won't be left alone either. 

Seriously, it will be good to see Mandy and Brad too. It's so hard having them all so far away. This is a picture of Piper after they put their tree up on Saturday and put the Polar Express train around the bottom. Her and Daddy love to put up the Polar Express. It's their thing that they do together.
Have a lovely week my friends. And remember the reason that we're celebrating the season. The One who came, gave His life for us, so that we can live again with Him forever. 

"But thanks be to God. He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ."
1 Corinthians 25:57

Blessings, 
Betsy

13 comments:

  1. Wow, that is some amazing collection of mittens! I'm so impressed, Betsy. How wonderful to do that for the kids. I liked seeing your Nativity and some of the decorations you've put out. I hope you have a safe trip to Mandy's and a wonderful time visiting them. Take care and enjoy yourself (I know you will!). :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Betsy.. I'm so impressed with your mittens you've made! Dayle and I are going to send you a check for you to buy more yarn.. we'd like to help you help the kids. I'm so pleased that you love the little Nativity snow jar I made for you. You're so sweet. I'm happy that you get to go spend time with your darlings.. have a safe flight.. I bet you will get a few more mittens knitted on the flight!

    We Wish You a Merry ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ Christmas♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ We Wish You a Merry ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪Christmas We Wish You A Merry ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪Christmas♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪...And A Happy New Year!♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪..

    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have such a generous heart, a thoughtful gesture for children in real need. Hope you have a wonderful time with your beloved family. Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Betsy, bless your heart for knitting all those mittens for the children!! We have a few things from our first Christmas too. Will be praying for your trip...safe and fun and enjoy sweet Piper! And her parents will enjoy your visit as well. Hugs my friend and God keep you in His care. xx--xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for a safe and happy trip for you, Betsy. I received your card today, my first of the season :) The mittens are such beautiful colors, and it is wonderful you got to see them be put to use right away! We are having weather in the 30s and 40s and a bit of rain today which thankfully did not come down as ice near me. I wonder if you will get some snow while visiting Piper. Love with hugs, from Gracie :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like all thee mittens so much. It's so cool that you can knit fast ans such pretty things. Besides I think you're a good person if you did them for others. That's a generous thing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Safe travels on your joyous journey sweet friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful post with extra special delights Betsy, I know you'll enjoy your next two weeks, very pleased for you.
    And well done on the mittens almost three times that to come, what a marathon. May God bless your hands as you make them dear sis.
    And yes let's praise God for His mercies are great, the greatest gift is His Son for us,
    Hugs,
    Shaz in Oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  9. First of all once again I have to say you are an angel for making all of those mittens. I just sent a box of socks to Pine Ridge Indian Reservation, they were on sale at Target for $1, I could not pass that up. I bought everyone they had in the bin.

    So happy you are going to see both of your girls tonight. That is the best! And little Piper will be beside herself excited.
    Have a wonderful trip Betsy,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  10. The finished mittens are amazing! The colors are great and I am sure the kids will love them. How nice that you were able to give them to some of the kids in person too. Love your nativity set....LOVE that you will be seeing your Small One and her family soon. Safe travels, happy times ;-)
    Blessings,
    Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm late to the party, as usual. I hope you had a safe trip and that you are hugging Miss Piper as I write this. Those mittens are wonderful. You have, as I've said before, such a kind heart and I am proud to call you my blogging friend. Enjoy your time with Piper, Mandy and Brad. I have a box of yarn to send you but I will wait until after the first of the year.
    Hugs,
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thrilled you will celebrate Christmas with family!!!! enjoy their decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have a wonderful time and look at all those mittens!!!! A Polar Express train would be great! I got the book for my youngest when he was little. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete