Sunday, April 5, 2015

Resurrection Day!

I hope you all had a wonderful Resurrection Sunday, celebrating our Risen Lord.  He is worthy of all of our praise and adoration.

Here's little Miss Piper all dressed for church this morning.  Mommy texted me this picture.  She's wearing the sweater I made for her last year.  I made it big so she would get lots of wear out of it.
Ice...not frost...ice on my windshield at the lake last Thursday morning.  It was 17 degrees.  Yuck.
Hail fell there on Wednesday.
But it was a beautiful day yesterday and Dennis and I filled an old sheet three times with pine cones from our camping spot and hauled them down the road to the big burn pile.  This was a LOT of pine cones-it was a full size sheet and was heaped full.  The  picture doesn't quite do it justice.
Tonight snow is predicted at the camper but I came home anyway.  I hope all is well there and hopefully the pipes won't freeze, but I have to use this week to get food ready for Dennis and my clothes packed for the cruise. Nita and I leave on Saturday morning and will spend the night at a hotel in Houston before boarding the Emerald Princess on Sunday.

I made nine more burial pouches while at the lake.  I'm done.  I can only do so many of these before depression sets in and I think I've met my limit.  They are pretty though don't you think?  I hope they give the grieving parents some comfort.  It's the only way I can make them, having hope that they help the family.
Five more baby hats for the hospital.
It's been a good day and would have only been better if our children would have been here.  Our day started with waking up at the lake in time to drive home and change clothes for church.  We had a wonderful breakfast at church with our church family.  We celebrated the Resurrection of our Saviour with a wonderful time of singing, communion and teaching.  Then lunch with Larry and Nita at Wendy's.  We came home and unpacked from the lake, started laundry and then went to Neal & Jenny's house to have a wonderful ham dinner with them and three of their adult children.  Star lives in Seattle and wasn't able to be here.  Their family is our family and we are very grateful to be included in their family fun.  Our kids all grew up together and we enjoy catching up on their lives.

I hope you have all had a happy day too and were able to spend time with your family or friends.

"Jeesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life.  The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die.  Do you believe this?" John 11:25-26

Blessings,
Betsy


11 comments:

  1. Happy Easter to you too... Sounds like you all had a wonderful day... Can't believe it has gotten cold there (after such a mild winter).. Did you bring it back with you when you returned home from the east coast????? ha ha

    I am excited for you and your cruise... Are you leaving from Kemah or from Galveston---or somewhere else? I have one son who lives near Kemah and one who lives near Galveston.... We'll be in that area in June for a granddaughter's graduation.

    Sorry but I've never heard of a burial pouch... I assume it is for a baby --but tell me more....

    Have a great week.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...that little Miss Piper is so adorable! The sweater is just beautiful. I know you missed her today. So thankful God blessed you with a wonderful day with friends. So thankful He arose triumphant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is chilly here as well as there. We are having rain tonight so lovely this afternoon when grandpa Phil hid Easter eggs for the grandchildren after Justin filled them. You have a busy week ahead of you and then off cruising! Have a great time and a safe trip, my friend. Miss Piper is so sweet. I have photos of my two grands but will share later. So thankful for the gift of life through Jesus our Lord. He is risen! Hallelujah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Piper looks sweet as the dickens in her little dress and sweater. I hope it doesn't freeze here as Dayle has put out all our geraniums that he wintered over. We had a crazy busy noisy day of fun with both sons, DILs and 4 grandsons here. I'll post some photos tomorrow. Have fun on your cruise! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a wonderful day spent with friends, some beautiful knitting and as always a beautiful Miss Piper. Have a great and safe trip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your little burial pouches are wonderful! I'm sure it is somewhat depressing to make them. I couldn't help but think about the little angels that will be in them. Love the hats! I really like the yarn you used for them. Glad y'all had a nice Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my Piper is getting so big! Look at her long hair! You are a blessing to so many Betsy, The lovely pouches you made will be soft and wonderful and help those grieving families. I am so happy you are getting ready for your cruise, you are going to love it.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I believe! I believe!
    God bless you Betsy and the beautiful burial pouches you have created.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It sounds like you had a wonderful Easter. Piper looks lovely in her sweater. The burial pouches are such a thoughtful thing to make. I'm sure they will be greatly appreciated. I hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My oldest son sent me text photos of my grandsons, and wished me a Happy Jesus Day, so I especially appreciate Piper's photo, knowing how important it is to keep in touch with our loved ones. The members of our household celebrated Christ's resurrection by attending several different churches and then having a special meal together. I finished knitting another baby hat while some of us watched the AD program. I hope you get more warm weather soon in Spokane Betsy and that you have a wonderful cruise. I love seeing your stitching and admire it so much. It will comfort and bless many. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Betsy, thank you for popping by my blog and commenting. I too have never heard of burial pouches and would like to learn more about them?

    Gill in Southern Ontario, Canada, your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete