Monday, December 31, 2012

Completion!

I've finished a couple of projects while here in Portland. Please excuse the wrinkles etc. as I have no way of blocking/starching anything here. But, I'm excited to show everyone what I finished.

First is the Farmhouse shawl I started on our drive to Portland last Saturday. It's for me! Yep. I'm keeping this goodie. It was just supposed to have 1 row of crochet edging, but I added 10 because of my long arms. I wore it to church yesterday and it was cozy and warm on a very chilly morning. I made it specially to wear when knitting by the fire in the evenings.

Next are Teresa's Scandinavian hearts. We bought the thread when we went shopping together on Friday. I made all 12 out of 3 skeins of thread in about 3 hours last night. I'm looking forward to starching them them when I get home and finding a way to decorate for Valentine's day with them. I may try to make a few more as gifts. They are quite addicting! Thanks Teresa!

Have a lovely Monday and Happy New Year! Stay safe everyone.

Blessings,
Betsy






4 comments:

  1. Hi Dear Betsy! I would love to see your modeling your shawl! Wow, you whipped out a lot of hearts! They also bring a lot of color to your tree! Starch them good!

    *:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*
      *H*A*P*P*Y* *N*E*W* *Y*E*A*R*!*
    *:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*

    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hullo there Betsy, what a wonderful thing to find a fellow believer via the web...

    I have popped over here from Anne of Copper Beech craft's blog as saw your post on her sidebar!!

    ... and have peeked around your blog and love what I have seen!!

    Such amazing handiwork - this piece here is really lovely, I crotchet so can appreciate this!!
    I hope you might pop over to my blog also and join as a for of encouragement too as I have you :D and really love your favourite verses too I do calligraphed illuminated verses on my blog as well as cards.
    God bless your 2013, in every way,
    Shaz in Oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful Betsy, the shawl is so gorgeous and I LOVE the HEARTS :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVELY work, Betsy!!! You inspire me! My new SIL's mom broke her shoulder at a New Year's youth group party at church so she has been staying with us so that we can help her out, although she is doing amazingly well. I am hoping to get more stitching done in the days ahead...got the Christmas decorations put away today. Have a fantastic time at the beach! xx from Gracie

    ReplyDelete