Thursday, January 26, 2012

Projects Done!

Good Morning!

It's been a productive week around here.  I finished 6 of the rainbow baby blankets so I think I'm ready for any new little ones to arrive.  Now I need to get started on some sweater/hat/bootie sets to go along with them.  Here I have them folded up, but you can see that there are six of them.  I changed the brand of yarn for the four on top.  I can no longer get the colors to make them like the two on the bottom since it's been discontinued.  I think I like the new ones better though.  What do you think?
I also made a candle jar color out of the scraps from my Crochet Along blanket.  I love how bright and cheery it is, especially at night with the candle lit.

Isn't it wonderful?  Hubby hasn't commented on it yet so I'm not sure if he just plain hasn't noticed or he doesn't like it and doesn't want to tell me.  It's just double crochet until the top row where I decreased and then did a round in single crochet.  I got the idea from Lucy at Attic24 but adapted it a bit to fit my jar.  It slips right off when the candle is gone and I can reuse it on another!

My newest Valentine decoration is in the next photo. I had a 50% off coupon at Michaels on regular or sale priced items. This heart wreath was marked down to $4.99 because of a scratch that is on the back. You can't even see it! So, I got this gem for $2.50. It's about 16 inches across, quite large. I think that was a great deal. The new ones are $9.99 normally.


I recieved this cactus as a throwaway about 15 years ago.  It was one small leaf on a stem that I just stuck in some dirt.  It's huge now!  I still don't know what it is.  It blooms at odd times every year and never the same time.  So I don't think it's a Christmas Cactus or an Easter Casctus.  Does anyone out there know what it is?  It usually bloom about twice each year. It has one open flower right now and another bud ready to bloom.  Beautiful.


I got my hair cut yesterday and I think I'm going to like it.  IF, and that's a big IF, I can duplicate the way the hairdresser fixed it.  I've found the older I get, the thinner my hair seems to be.  I have as much of it as ever, but it doesn't seem as full.  If I can fix it decently I'll try to get a picture.  She left it long enough that I can still pull it off my neck in the summer when its hot, but short enough to make it feel thicker.

Tonight is Bible study and we have a full weekend of birthday parties and we need to find hubby some good walking shoes.  He took Chloe for a walk last night and came home with a wet foot.  When we looked at the bottom of his shoe there was a huge hole, at least an inch across is just gone from the sole.  He detests buying shoes and now he has no choice.

I'm praying that God will stop the snow and freezing rain for awhile around here.  We're supposed to go to our grandson's 5th birthday party in Montana next weekend, but the passes have been closed most of this week.  Yuck!  I'm done with winter and ready for spring.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend and enjoy your lives to the fullest!

Blessings,

Betsy

5 comments:

  1. I love the candle holder, can you do one in lavender? :)
    Can't wait to see the haircut! See you tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course I can do one in lavender! You can check out my yarn closet tonight and choose a yarn. See ya soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Regarding the plant: it is a type of cactus. It does best if left alone and gets dry. Then when you start to water it again, it will go into a blooming cycle. I nearly killed mine by over-watering it! Mine has pale pink and white blossoms. I just love how delicate and lady-like they are growing on such a rather uninteresting plant. :-) Enjoy!!

    And my, oh, my! I'm always amazed at how much you knit and crochet! I think I got 5 rows done yesterday and that was it!

    Have a great weekend, and thanks for the sweet comments on my humble blog.

    I'd give you a hug if we weren't half a world apart. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kaylana:
    Thank you for your nice comments. I found the same thing with watering the cactus. I almost killed it. Now I only water it about every three weeks or so.

    I get a lot of needlework done in the winter, not so much in the summertime. And remember, I have no children at home anymore. There were many days I never even looked at my projects when my kids were small.

    Can you feel my "virtual" hug?

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    Blessings,

    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always called them Christmas Cactus but mine blooms around Thanksgiving. It's white with hot pink edges.

    ReplyDelete