Friday, October 14, 2011

Knitting Disappearance?

I'm taking a few mintues to post today even though I'm frantically running around trying to make a salad for a baby shower, pack for the retreat tonight and finish the laundry before I go.  The baby blanket definitely WILL NOT be finished today!  Oh well.  There will be another day.

I have a question for you knitters/crocheters out there.  Is there a yarn gremlin in your house?  This is why I'm asking.  I have a plastic bag that I keep the yarn and crochet hook in for the blanket in yesterdays post.  I make this blanket for all the new babies at our church so I seem to always have one in progress and it's easier to keep all the supplies for it together so I can "grab and go".  Yesterday when I tried to "grab and go" I couldn't find it. Anywhere.  I tore the house apart.  I looked in the china cabinet for goodness sake.  I've NEVER kept yarn in the china cabinet.  I never did find that bag and I spent hours looking.  Luckily I keep the yarn in my stash so I just pulled more out.  I had another crochet hook that size so I was able to begin the blanket anywy.

A few months ago the same thing happened with brand new sock needles and the yarn I had just purchased.  They were in the sack from the yarn store right by my knitting chair.  When I went to start the socks a day or two later, the sack and all was gone, gone, gone!  Now I ask you, am I losing my mind or are there yarn gremlins running amuk in my house?

I'm starting to believe they are trying to drive me nuts because they've moved on to my jeans.  That's right, my jeans.  When I went to Japan I had originally packed two pairs of jeans, (that's all that currently fit me, but that's another subject for another time).  Due to space restrictions I had to leave one pair at home.  I was going to wear that pair of jeans today to the retreat but lo and behold, I can't find them.

I have no children at home to blame for moving my things.  Only a husband and a dog.  No one who would bother my yarn or my jeans.  There HAVE GOT TO BE gremlins here.  Either that or I'm losing my mind.

Please tell me there are more of you out there like me.  Please? 
See you all back here soon.

Blessings,

Betsy

1 comment:

  1. No gremlins in my house. Just three little eager beavers! Haha!
    Hope you had a great retreat!

    ReplyDelete