Monday, October 24, 2011

Busy Monday

It's been a busy day today.  I got up bright and early this morning and painted the bathroom off of our bedroom.  I painted the bedrooom itself about a year ago and just kept putting off the bathroom.  I have no idea why.  It only took about 3 1/2 hours for the entire job and looks pretty good if I do say so myself! :-)


I had painted the sink area and closet when I did the bedroom, but just never did the shower/toilet area.  I have no excuse, I just didn't do it.  But I sure like it now.  The color is a dark vanilla but looks pretty light in the pictures.

This sweater/hat/sockie set was my weekend project.  I need to get my gift closet stocked back up.  So far I've got three rainbow blankets done, this sweater set and I have the booties done on a girly set, with the matching hat on the needles.


I thought I should take some pictures of my geraniums today since the next 3 days are supposed to be below 20 degrees outside.  I'm sure that will be the kiss of death to them and they're looking so beautiful these days.  I really detest winter and I just keep thanking God for every day without snow.  We've had snow for Halloween many times and I just hope that doesn't happen this year.

I worked for about three hours today on my "talk" for the ladies retreat next month in Helena, MT.  It's supposed to be about the difference even one person can make and they want me to focus a lot on the Japan trip and the charity groups I'm involved with online.  Everyone has something they can do and it just takes some figuring out what you can do to help someone else.

It was a busy weekend here at the Queen household.  Saturday morning was "craft day".  A group of ladies come over and knit, crochet, latchhook and cross-stitch.  We visit and eat goodies and just have a great time.  Kind of like the "sewing circles" of the olden days.

Saturday afternoon was yard work and my wonderful husband let me go yarn shopping!  Michaels was having a wonderful sale on a lot of yarns I use and I also had a coupon for 25% off regular and sale priced items.  I ended up getting $156.00 worth of yarn for $85.00!!!!  What a deal.  I shouldn't have to buy yarn for a long time.

Yesterday was church in the morning and evening and lunch at Olive Garden with friends.  We also attended a memorial service in the afternoon for a wonderful lady from church.  She'll be missed by many but to know she's at peace with no pain now is a wonderful thing.

Now I need to think about dinner.  What sounds good to all of you?  Any of you have some good fall recipes to share?   See you soon!

Blessings,

Betsy

4 comments:

  1. Love that sweater set. Too cute! Check out my food blog (Bless us o Lord) for some stews and soups -- it's time. Yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Barbara, I'll check it out. Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I wanted to share a couple of thoughts about your upcoming speech.
    "And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done [it] unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done [it] unto me." Matt 25:40-- keeps running through my mind.
    We can't feed and clothe all the poor, but what we CAN do we do as doing it unto God.
    I was amazed at how freely the knitters helped you. It should spurn us all to give so freely to those in need.
    May you be richly blessed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Kaylana. I put that scripture into the talk yesterday! Great minds think alike! Thank you for the suggestion. I agree, that those of us who have been blessed materially need to think of those who have less. I appreciate your thoughts.

    Blessings,

    Betsy

    ReplyDelete