Thursday, October 20, 2011

A bit of this and that!

Good Morning!  It's Thursday and a sunny sometimes and cloudy sometimes sort of day here in Washington.  Beginning the Oct. 31 my wonderful husband has volunteered me to babysit a newborn!  That wasn't said sarcastically at all, really and truly!  He saw a need and knows how I love babies and the logical conclusion was that I would love to babysit the dear baby.  And I am looking forward to it...however, I didn't realize how busy I have become until I started trying to figure out how to adjust that life for a baby.  I think the ladies at the nursing home will love to see a wee one but my Weight Watcher meetings will be probably be out of the question.  I'll keep you all posted!

I'm finishing up the third rainbow blanket today, (hopefully).  That will give me an extra for my gift closet.  I always like to have one on hand for a quick gift.  I also found a new scarf pattern on one my Ravelry charity groups this morning that I'm anxious to begin.

Tonight is Bible study here at our house, (every Thursday night is Bible study).  Right now we're watching the "Are you a Fan or a Follower" DVD series at church on Sunday nights and the various studies are discussing the videos during the week.  We're on video 4 this week and I'm learning a lot about myself and my goals in life.  Very illuminating and I highly recommend watching them if you get the opportunity.

Here are a few pictures for you.  The first is a box of knitted  items bound for the Pine Ridge Reservation in South Dakota.  I forgot to take pictures of the completed items, so here's the box!!!!  Inside are 12 hats, 3 cowls and 2 scarves.  There are also two large ziplock bags of trial size shampoos, soaps, lotions etc. and 10 toothbrushes.  Everything is appreciated on Pine Ridge Reservation.


This is a picture of my "craft closet".  My yarn stock is running very low.  Usually those shelves are completely full. The shelves below the yarn on the right are greeting cards.  I send a lot of card to people for various reasons.  Sickness, loneliness, babies, encouragement, etc. On the very bottom right shelf you can see a completed rainbow blanket, a shawl bound for Pine Ridge Reservation Elder program and dishcloths.  I always keep dishcloths on hand as quick gifts for almost everyone.  I'm sorry the picture is a little dark.  It looked fine on the camera.

These are the geranuims on my back deck.  Considering that we've dipped below freezing twice this week, they still look fairly good don't you think?
 This is the backyard as of 15 minutes ago.  Look at the trees!  Absolutely no fall color on ours, but on the tree behind the fence, just peeking over are beautiful golden leaves.  The yard is still looking really nice for the end of October thanks to my dear husband who takes such good care of it.
And that's it.  A peek into my Thursday world.  I've cleaned the bathrooms and kitchen and now I believe I'm going to sit down with my crochet hook and try to finish that blanket.  I'm going to meet my dear little new baby friend for the first time today.  I'll have to think of a name for her to use online.

See you all again soon.

Blessings,

Betsy

No comments:

Post a Comment