Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Feeling Better Finally.

Hi Everyone.

Thank you all for your prayers.  I'm feeling much better today.  So much better in fact, that I mowed the grass for Dennis today.  He will be very happy when he gets home.  He always mows on the weekend but we were in Portland.  We've been busy since we returned home so it just hadn't gotten done.  I feel better too.  A little exercise never hurt anyone.

I thought I would show you a picture of my current project.
It's a wave pattern crocheted blanket.  It's not very big right now, but it takes quite a lot of time because it's pretty solid.  When it is completed I'm going to give it to an elderly lady that I visit a couple of times a week in a nursing facility.  She lost her husband in the spring and she loves bright colors.  She has altzheimers but seems to remember me.  Since she's always cold I thought this would be a cheerful room brightener for her room.  A plus is that it use up lots of scraps.  When done it will (hopefully), be big enough to cover her hospital bed.

 I always keep a knitted baby hat in progress in my purse.  When I have 30 or so I deliver them to our local hospital for the new babies.  Usually that's every six to seven weeks.

Mom made it back safely to Omaha last night.  I think she's happy to be back home in her own bed.  But we sure had a good time together when we weren't sick!

Alex, (our son in Japan), called last night.  He's applied for a new teaching position at a University in Aomori Prefecture.  According to the posting for job requirements, he has all of the requirements, but he doesn't know if they've already hired someone else.  He just found out about it on Monday and sent off his resume right away.  This sounds like the job he's wanted since he graduated with his Masters so we pray that if it's God's will, he will get it.  He loves teaching.  Right now he teaches Jr. High and he's also taught elementary but he enjoys University students best.  He taught English Compostion at the University here in Washington when he was only 17!  All of his students were older than he was!  He got his Masters Degree at 19 and moved to Japan the next week.

Well, I'm off to grate zuchinni to make into relish.  I think I have enough for about 10 jars if I'm lucky.  We love it on meatloaf.  Have a wonderful evening!

Blessings,

Betsy

4 comments:

  1. Oh My! 17? He must be an extremely gifted young man!
    (FYI-I'm married to a man who sounds like him. Only he went to France...and now we live in Latvia.)
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kaylana! Thank you for the compliment. I always say all three of our children have taken after their father. They all graduated early from college. Our daughter is a nurse, our middle son is a computer systems analyst and Alex, the youngest is a teacher. My husband's degree is in Accounting. I'm the only one without a college degree but I tell them I've earned one putting them all through school with my bookkeeping job. (I'm retired now.)
    Thanks for reading.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you use a pattern for the blanket? It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Barbara;

    I sent you an email but thought I would reply here too in case someone else would like the pattern. It's the "Scrumptious Scraps Afghan" and a free pattern on Ravelry. I'm using brown here because I had a huge skein left over but the last one I used had black between each color and I preferred the black. It really made the colors stand out.

    Thanks for the comment, I truly appreciate them.

    Blessings,

    Betsy

    ReplyDelete