Thursday, July 28, 2011

More Scarves!


These beautiful scarves came today by FedEx from Lori.  I try very hard to send a handwritten note to everyone that sends an item directly to me, but I don't have a return address for Lori so I'm mentioning her by name here.  I desperately hope I haven't offended anyone else since I haven't named individuals before. 

If you look very closely, you can see that she attached scarf pins to eight of them and she also sent a contribution to help with postage to Japan.  Thank you, Lori.

Today I helped prepare Valentine's Day Candy, Easter Eggs and an entire Thanksgiving dinner for the 20 Japanese junior high students and their two teachers who are visiting Spokane.  Today the lesson is American Holidays.  This afternoon they are celebrating 4th of July and Christmas.  I think they will be full up with food by then!  I definitely have dishpan hands since I was the main dishwasher of the crew. 

We are having so much fun with our houseguest, Yoshi.  She has taught me to count to ten, to say hello, good morning, good afternoon, good evening and good night and most important, excuse me.  I'm trying to learn a little so I can communicate better on my trip.  I am quite irritated with myself in the fact that I didn't have Alex teach me some of the language while he was still at home.  I guess as a mother I "hand my head in the sand" that he would really be living in Japan and I would be traveling there in the future.

I'll be back soon with more updates.  Thank you all and I hope you're having a wonderful Thursday.

Blessings,

Betsy

No comments:

Post a Comment